How Covid-19 Changes My Life



           In the end of 2019, the world had been shocked by the new virus which is novel coronavirus which had been infecting people in Wuhan,China. The virus is from the coronavirus family, however this virus does not have been found in research and still have no vaccines for the diseases. Thus it been named as COVID-19. It infected respiratory systems. The person who are infected by this virus have some symptoms which includes coughing, fever, sore throat, and difficulties in breathing. This virus can lead to death as well. 

           Following the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, the Malaysian Prime Minister announced a Restriction of Movement Order on 16 March 2020 as a measure to curb the outbreak. This Order will last for two weeks, starting from 18 March 2020 to 31 March 2020 and is effective nationwide. The order will impose the closures of premises expect for essential services, no mass gatherings which include religious activities and social gathering, travel banning and closing of education sectors which includes all schools, kindergartens and universities. Universities students were told to go back to their hometown. Because of the short notice, some students can not go back to their hometown because lack of money especially Sabah and Sarawak students, the price of the flight tickets were so high. Some thought that it is better to stay in college so they did not bring the diseases back to their hometown. 

               I, as a student was so happy when we did not have to study for two weeks because universities were closed. It felt like I was in semester break. For the first week, I've been baking and trying out many viral recipes. It was so fun. I was able to watch all dramas and staying up late all day. 




               However, the Restriction of Movement Order had been extended to Phase 2 as the cases had not been decreases. During this time, I was a bit worried on how my can I continue my study because there's rumours that been going on that we maybe need to be quarantine for a long time. During this time, UiTM had been conduct survey to know our internet coverage to perform online distance learning (ODL). At first I was a bit disappointed because online distance learning is new to me and there is some difficulties that we need to face such as the internet coverage and we need to stay alert all the time to not missed any information on the Whatsapp groups. But to think of it again, knowledge can be gained anywhere. Doesn’t matter if it is face to face learning or online learning. You just need motivation and attitude to stay focused and realised what your goals are.

           The semester has started and we’ve been using online distance learning for a week now and it was fun actually. The lecturers were so understanding and nice when we need to ask about anything. Both lecturers and students were struggling in doing online distance learning thus we need to show great cooperation even though we faced some difficulties. Online learning gave you more time to revise on yourself, you also can reflect on what you are lacking and try to improvise yourself. and if you are hungry or need of rest, you can just watch television or Netflix. Time management is important. And most importantly, I get to spend more times with my loved ones which is my family.




          What I wish to do when COVID-19 ended are to go for a holiday! I miss seeing the beach and nature. When in quarantine, I started to appreciate nature because you can’t go outside. Other than that, I want to go out with my friends. Eat outside together with and watch movies at the cinema or go for shopping. Lastly, I really hope that we can go back to UiTM Puncak Alam and have learning as usual. I miss seeing lecturers and classmates. Having discussions and do assignments together. Let’s pray that COVID-19 will be gone as soon as possible and we can live our life as usual.





Comments

Popular Posts